Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
ree. When they d
Santa Clara, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - Philip Rivers arm got the San Diego Chargers to overtime. Eric Weddles arm helped them win the game once they got there. Rivers led two touchdown drives in the final nine minutes of regulation and Weddle forced a fumble that led to Nick Novaks winning 40-yard field goal in overtime, as the Chargers rallied to beat the San Francisco 49ers 38-35 in a thriller on Saturday night. San Diego trailed by 21 points at halftime and by 14 in the fourth quarter before Rivers touchdown passes to Antonio Gates and Malcom Floyd, the last one coming with 29 seconds left on the clock. Weddle, the veteran safety, stripped wide receiver Quinton Patton on a 20-yard end-around -- just San Franciscos second play in overtime -- and Novak split the uprights for the win. Rivers passed for 356 yards with four touchdowns and San Diego (9-6) overcame his three interceptions, including two that led to 14 San Francisco points in the first half. The playoff-hopeful Chargers stopped a two-game losing streak, winning without injured stars Ryan Mathews and Keenan Allen. Despite 355 rushing yards, the 49ers (7-8) suffered their fourth straight loss, guaranteeing them their first non-winning season under Jim Harbaugh. Colin Kaepernick had the second-longest touchdown run by a quarterback in NFL history, a 90-yarder late in the third quarter that restored San Franciscos 14-point lead. It came two just two plays after his fumble was recovered in the end zone by Corey Liuget for a San Diego touchdown. Kaepernick passed for 114 yards with a touchdown to Bruce Ellington and rushed for 151 on seven carries. Frank Gore added 158 yards on 26 rushes, including a 52-yard touchdown run less than two minutes into the game. Rivers has 252 career touchdowns passes, moving within two of Hall of Famer Dan Fouts franchise record. No. 250 was a 1-yard throw to Gates early in the third quarter. San Franciscos Vernon Davis had a 63-yard touchdown catch called back after that because of two penalties, and things got worse for the 49ers when Ricardo Mathews hit Kaepernick, forcing the fumble that Liuget recovered to get the Chargers within 28-21. But the nimble Niners quarterback slipped out of a closing pocket two plays after the kickoff and juked Weddle down the field on his 90-yard touchdown run -- second in NFL history only to Terrelle Pryors 93-yard score for Oakland against Pittsburgh on Oct. 27, 2013. The 49ers didnt capitalize on Rivers third interception, punting early in the fourth quarter, and the Chargers later pulled within 35-28 on Gates second touchdown catch of the game, a 21-yarder with 5:15 remaining. Gates 99th career touchdown reception tied Hall of Famer Don Hutson for ninth place all-time. Eddie Royal made a diving 17-yard catch on fourth down with a defender on his back, keeping San Diegos game-tying drive alive. Rookie Dontrelle Inman did the same with a 17-yard grab on 4th-and-10, leading to Rivers 11-yard throw to Floyd in between two defenders in the end zone. Kaepernick had a 20-yard scramble on San Franciscos final drive in regulation but Phil Dawson was way short and right on a 60-yard field goal attempt. The 49ers end the season at home next Sunday against Arizona in what could be their last game under Harbaugh, who likely wont remain their coach after this season. Harbaugh, who is 43-19 with the 49ers, has reportedly been offered the head coaching job at Michigan, his alma mater. Gores bruising 52-yard effort 1:48 into the game was his longest touchdown run in more than five years. The 49ers were close to scoring again on their second possession, but fullback Bruce Miller fumbled at the San Diego 2-yard line when safety Marcus Gilchrist got his helmet on the ball. The Chargers gave it back when Rivers was intercepted by Perrish Cox at the San Francisco 33 and the 49ers scored on Kaepernicks 8-yard touchdown pass to a wide-open Ellington early in the second quarter. On the ensuing Chargers possession, Antoine Bethea stepped in front of Rivers pass over the middle and took the interception back 49 yards without being touched to make it 21-0. Rivers floated a 15-yard touchdown pass to Royal to get the Chargers on the board, but the 49ers marched back down the field to restore their 21-point lead on Ellingtons 1-yard run with six seconds remaining in the first half. Game Notes Royal had 10 catches for 94 yards and Gates added seven for 92. Inman made his first seven NFL receptions for 79 yards ... The banged-up Chargers were without running back Mathews (ankle) for the second straight game because of an ankle injury. Leading receiver Allen sat because of a broken collarbone and injured ankle ... San Diego finishes the regular season next Sunday in Kansas City ... The Chargers have won four in a row against the 49ers dating back to 2002 and lead the regular-season series 7-6 ...49ers safety Eric Reid left the game with a concussion. Andrew Whitworth Rams Jersey . -- J.R. Sweezy was the one part of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line that had avoided injuries or having to change positions this season. Darrell Henderson Jersey .Y. - The New York Rangers have reached a one-year contract extension with goalie Cam Talbot, keeping Henrik Lundqvists backup away from unrestricted free agency. http://www.laramsfootballshops.com/andre...th-jersey/ .5 million, four-year contract with the Texas Rangers that could be worth $32. Robert Woods Womens Jersey . The roster changes have been constant and continuous since late last year, but even with their 46-man roster set for the start of the season, the banged-up Bombers will be kicking off Week 1 with a handful of fresh faces and back-ups in the starting lineup. Nolan Cromwell Youth Jersey .J. Barea during a three-game shooting slump that was getting him booed off his home court with regularity.PHILADELPHIA - Their last names follow them to every rink: Lemieux, MacInnis, Turgeon. Its a blessing and a burden for nine sons of former NHL players who are all expected to be taken in the first four rounds of the draft this weekend. Theres Sam Reinhart, son of Paul; William Nylander, son of Michael; Kasperi Kapanen, son of Sami; Ryan MacInnis, son of Al; Brendan Lemieux, son of Claude; Ryan Donato, son of Ted; Daniel Audette, son of Donald; Dominic Turgeon, son of Pierre; and Josh Wesley, son of Glen. "Its just awesome to see that other players sons are being able to make it because theres a little bit of pressure that comes with playing with the name on your back," Brendan Lemieux said. "And its not very easy, especially when youre playing minor hockey, to do it when your dads there and people see you different just because of who your dad is." So many of these young men shared similar experiences along the way, getting a taste of the NHL lifestyle at practice rinks and in locker-rooms. "I felt like I was kind of born into hockey with my dad," Dominic Turgeon said. "At that very young age I promised myself, thats what I want to do with my life." Along the way, these nine prospects took varying paths. Some followed in their fathers footsteps as closely as possible, while others wanted to do their own thing. "Its just the father-son relationship: that DNAs there," NHL Central Scouting director Dan Marr said. "Sometimes they play opposite styles: Tie and Max Domi, Ryan and Al (MacInnis)." Sam Reinhart, whos expected to be a top-five pick in Friday nights first round, is a centre whereas his father spent 10 NHL seasons as a defenceman. Sam was born six years after Paul retired and didnt really model his game after him as much as naturally pick up some tendencies. "My dad never really taught me a skating side of the game, and I think thats just kind of the way I picked it up and I hear it has been similar to his," Reinhart said. "Ill take that." Kasperi Kapanen, who spent the first 12 years of his life in North America as Sami played for the Carolina Hurricanes and Philadelphia Flyers, considers his dad the biggest influence on his hockey career as his teacher, mentor, trainer and No. 1 fan all at the same time. At one point, Sami and Kasperi were teammates for KalPa Kuopio in Finland, which made him think twice. "Its kind of weird if he has the puck on the ice and youre with him and yell out, Dad!" he said. "And you think about it for a second like, Whats going on?" Kapanens goal is to become at least as good a pro as his dad, if not better. Thats a high bar for Ryan MacInnis, a centre who doesnt have the blistering shot his dad, a Hall of Fame defenceman. Marr told MacInnis to expect questions from interviewing teams about how fast he can shoot. "I have no idea," said MacInnis, who hasnt tested his shot with a radar gun. Ryan MacInnis does have some of his dad in him, or at least the defensive awareness. And scouts watching notice the bloodline. "When you watch him wind up, he has a very similar style of wind-up," said Ross MacLean of the scouting service ISS Hockey. "The mechanical structure of it is very, very similar. Its certainly nowhere near the velocity or the heaviness that his father had, but that might come as he continues to mature." William Nylander, who played youth hockey in the United States before his family moved back to Sweden, will likely need time to mature. He was just five or six yearss old when Michael played for the Washington Capitals and invited Nicklas Backstrom over to their house.dddddddddddd. Lemieux still has good relationships with some of Claudes former teammates, including now-Colorado Avalanche vice-president Joe Sakic and coach Patrick Roy. When Brendan met with the Avalanche, Roy kept quiet and let the rest of his staff do the talking. The pre-draft interview that surprised Lemieux was with the Detroit Red Wings, who his father spent years tormenting as an agitator extraordinaire. Lemieux didnt think it would be a legitimate interview, especially with one of Claudes biggest rivals, Kris Draper, in the room. "I thought they were going to walk in, make a few jokes," Lemieux said. "They were extremely professional, they barely brought it up. I tried to joke about it, they werent even budging. They were extremely serious. I was really impressed. Id have no problem playing in Detroit after that interview, for sure." Thats if the Red Wings want a carbon copy of Claude Lemieux. Brendan knows the game has changed since his father sunk the Stanley Cup to the bottom of the familys pool in 2000 but doesnt want to deviate much from how Claude played. "I think I can still bring that maybe a little bit of old-school sandpaper to a power-forward type role," said Lemieux, who admires Dallas Stars pest Antoine Roussels game. "I think a lot of teams are looking for that edge." Ryan Donato hopes a team is looking for a two-way centre in the vein of Jonathan Toews or Patrice Bergeron. Ted Donato, who will be his sons coach at Harvard next season, mentored Bergeron during his final season with the Boston Bruins, which gave his son someone else to model practice habits on. As far as off-ice habits, Ryan might want to be like his dad. "One of my favourite (stories) was when Ray Bourque got up to go to the bathroom, I guess he took his shoes off for a second and my dad got two lobsters and put them in his shoes and he came back and he put his feet in his shoes and there were lobsters in there," Donato said. Daniel Audette, more of a passer than Donald, who scored 260 goals in his NHL career, has a favourite story about his dad that hell probably tell friends this weekend. "On his draft day when he was 19 years old, he didnt get drafted — he was in the last rounds and he was getting mad," Daniel recalled. "He was throwing chairs in the back of the rink. He really wanted to get drafted, I guess." Finally the Buffalo Sabres took Donald in the ninth round in 1989. Daniel wont have to wait nearly as long, as hes projected to go in the first three rounds. The same goes for Dominic Turgeon, who wants nothing more than to be just like Pierre. "He loves to protect the puck down low," Turgeon said. "Thats what I do all the time in the offensive zone, really use my body to my advantage and drive the puck to the net." But with the name Turgeon comes expectations. Its true for all nine prospects, whether they like it or not. Still, there are plenty of benefits, like making scouts look twice because of the pedigree. When they do, more often than not they can tell theres some extra polish. "They grew up around the game," Marr said. "I think thats the advantage that they have. Ryan MacInnis, hes a professional athlete at 17 years of age, but his hockey sense and his hockey IQ, you can see thats what hes got from his dad, the way he plays the game." --- Follow @SWhyno on Twitter. ' ' '
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste